Stellanello Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
A commune situated in the range of mountains that extends from Capo Mele to Capo Cervo. In the twelfth century it became a fief of the marchesi Del Carretto, who ceded it to the Doria around the middle of the following century. In 1305 it had statutes of its own which entrusted the administration to five popularly-elected consuls, one for each parish. Included in the imperial fiefs, it was ceded to the kingdom of Sardinia in 1735. The parish church of San Vincenzo is a construction in the baroque style, housing altars of polychrome marble in the same style. The church of San Gregorio, dating from the fifteenth century, also has a baroque altar of great value. Vegetables and fruit, especially peaches, are grown on the areas of level ground, while an excellent oil is produced from the olives cultivated in the hills.