Pontinvrea Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
An agricultural center on the northern side of the Ligurian Appennines, surrounded by extensive forests that represent an attraction for lovers of nature and tranquillity. The ancient settlement of Ponte dei Prati formed part of the commune of Pareto until 1606, the year when the Gonzaga, then the rulers of Monferrato, gave it in fief to the d’Invrea of Genoa. In 1730 it passed to Austria. The palace of the marchesi, now the town hall, is a porticoed building from the seventeenth century. The parish church of San Lorenzo and, on the road to the Colle del Giovo, the church of the Madonna del Carmine date from the same century. The main agricultural products are vegetables and fruit.