Murialdo Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
A commune in the upper valley of the Bormida di Millesimo, it is made up of the villages of Isola Grande, Piano (seat of the municipality), Ponte, Riofreddo and Valle. It was originally a possession of the marchesi di Clavesana of Ceva and the Del Carretto. The parish church of San Lorenzo at Ponte dates from 1445, but was renovated in the baroque era: all that remains of the original construction are a portal with a pointed arch and mullions, the rose window of the Gothic façade in brick and the campanile with a spire and three rows of two-light windows. The ruins of the keep, a long stretch of wall and two gates with pointed arches of the medieval castle of the Del Carretto can be seen at the locality of Costa. Agriculture, the traditional craft of woodworking and a paper mill form the basis of the local economy. The woods are rich in chestnuts and mushrooms.