Casanova Lerrone Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
A farming town located on the left side of the upper valley of the Lerrone River. Inherited by the Del Carretto, it was sold to the marchesi di Clavesana at the beginning of the thirteenth century and transferred to the republic of Genoa in 1250. Subsequently it became a fief of the counts of Laigueglia (1443) and Negroni (1663). In 1763-64 it was the center of the uprising against Genoa prompted by excessive taxation. Surviving structures from the feudal period include the castles of Poggiolo, with decorations and furnishings from the seventeenth century (privately-owned), and Doria, as well as the ruins of those belonging to the Del Carretto and Maremo. The parish church of Sant'Antonino, rebuilt in the baroque era, houses a polyptych from 1552 attributed to the school of Brea. A group of wooden sculptures, perhaps by Maragliano, can be seen in the shrine of Nostra Signora della Visitazione at the locality of Degna.