Carcare Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
An industrial center in the valley of the Bormida di Carcare specializing in the production of glassware and pottery, it is situated on both banks of the river. Probably of Roman origin, it belonged to the Del Carretto of Savona in the twelfth century and then came under the rule of the marchesi di Finale, whose subsequent fortunes it shared. A few ruins survive from a sixteenth-century castle. The present parish church of San Giovanni Battista, dating from the end of the nineteenth century, contains a Crucifix attributed to Maragliano. The Collegio delle Scuole Pie, alongside the church of Sant'Antonio, was built in 1621 but has since been altered. It houses a library and the Museo Inghiniano, with exhibits on the natural sciences.