Boissano Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
Situated on the southern slopes of Monte Ravinet, it was formerly a possession of the bishops of Albenga. In 1385 Pope Urban VI ceded it to the republic of Genoa, whose subsequent fate it shared under the podestà of Pietra Ligure. All that survives from the medieval period is the small church of San Pietro dei Monti, located at a height of 891 meters or 2923 feet on Monte Ravinet. It is a modest building of fourteenth-century origin, containing a fresco dating from the same period but subsequently repainted. The “M.L. Jeaneret” International Center for Artistic Experimentation is located in one of its outlying wards, with typical Mediterranean houses set amidst olive groves. Vines, olives and fruit are the principal crops.