Getting Around in MunichEdit This
MVV, Munich's local passenger transport network, provides the easiest way of reaching the city center and a range of other destinations. For example, you can get to the Oktoberfest grounds (the "Theresienwiese") by taking the U4 or U5 line (to the "Theresienwiese" or "Messegelände" stops), the U3 or U6 line (to "Goetheplatz") or by taking any of the S-bahn lines 1 to 8 (to "Hackerbrücke").
The Munich CityTourCard
The Munich CityTourCard http://www.citytourcard.com/english/munich-citytourcard/ is a ticket for all visitors to Munich and a two in one product: a ticket valid for all public transport services in Munich and a discount card for many tourist attractions. It is available in six versions (single and group tickets) and with validity for one or three days.
* valid for 1 day in the inner area of Munich for € 9.80
* valid for 3 days in the inner area of Munich for € 18.80
* valid for 3 days in the entire area of Munich for € 29.50
groups up to five people:
* valid for 1 day in the inner area of Munich for € 16.00
* valid for 3 days in the inner area of Munich for € 29.90
* valid for 3 days in the entire area of Munich for € 48.00
For one or three days, depending on the version of choice, one can explore the inner city and the surroundings of Munich by public transport (metro, suburban railway, bus and tram) and benefit from the offers of partners in tourism like museums, sightseeing, gastronomy or shopping.
Along with the Munich CityTourCard, one get a leaflet with information about the discount offers of the CityTourCard partners. In addition, the leaflet contains a map of the city centre and a plan of the metro-, suburban railway- and tram-network.
The Munich CityTourCard is available at* the ticket vending machines
* in all suburban railway stations (S-Bahn) the ticket vending machines
* in all metro (U-Bahn), tram and bus stations
* the MVG customer centres Marienplatz, Poccistraße and Sendlinger Tor
* DB selling points and DER travel agencies selling MVV products, e.g. at the airport or main station
* MVG selling points (kiosks etc.) designated with the CityTourCard logo
* the tourist information in Marienplatz and at the main station
* selected Hotels
* and online under 'https://www.ctc-secure.de/shop/de/muenchencitytourcard'
Enjoy your trip in Munich!
August 08, 2007 change by magali
Here you'll find all necessary information about Munich's local passenger transport network