Day Trips in Bocas del toroEdit This
Bocas del Toro day trips are a terrific way for you to experience as much of this area of Panama on your vacation. Here are a few suggestions for things to places to include in your day trip excursion.
- Dolphins Bay is an area of Cristobal Island with very large dolphin populations. Plan to make this a stop on a day trip.
- Red Frog Beach with its white sandy beach and red poisonous dart frogs is a great way to spend the day. Swim in the sea and play on the beach, or spend the afternoon looking for frogs.
- Cays Coral, also known as Crawl Key, offers some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, with its colorful coral reefs.
- Punta Vieja, or Old Point as it is also known, lends its name to a terrific place to spend the day relaxing and taking in some sun time. Pack a lunch and bring a good book.
- Bastimentos Marine National Park is a nature refuge rain forest for many of the island's inhabitants, such as toucans, five varieties of monkeys (including howler, white faced and tamarin) and sloths, just to name a few. A great day trip will include a stop at Salt Creek Village, where you will discover various species of fish and vegetation, as well as Red Frog Beach.
- An Isla Colon boat tour is a fantastic way for you to spend the day in Bocas del Toro Archipelago. After sailing around the island, where you could spot one of four different marine turtle species, you should plan on stopping at Swans Cay, where you will see a collection of tropical birds, such as red billed birds and brown boobies.
- You could spend the day scuba diving and snorkeling in Bocas del Toro. There are countless varieties of corals, fish, reefs, shipwrecks, treasures, and caves.
- The beach of Boca del Drago is a recommended place to spend the afternoon. The warm turquoise water and fresh "fish of the day" restaurant provide the perfect setting for a day at the beach.
- Spend the day bike riding. The island is 20 miles long by 8 miles wide. It has a dirt road that cuts across and is safe for mountain bike riding. You can rent a bike in the town and ride for the day. Take along a picnic lunch and make a whole day of it.
Most of these day trips cost about $25USD per person. Scuba diving excursions cost slightly more, while snorkeling is about $12 per person for the day.