Nha trang Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
The coastal city of Nha Trang in Khanh Hoa province, Central Vietnam, lies on the trans-Vietnam highway, 1,278km from Hanoi, and 448km from Ho Chi Minh City.
Nha Trang is endowed by nature with deep, quiet and warm waters all the year round, surrounded by archipelagoes, islands, mountains and white sand beaches - a wonderful and attractive tourist resort. To the north of Nha Trang stands the Hong Chong Promontory which looks like a wide open hand over the sea (stack of large rocks in the ocean). Far offshore, the Yen (Swallow) Island appears with lush green colors where salangane nests have been harvested for years to make the traditional "bird’s nest" tonic and food. The 7 km white sand beach of Nha Trang is often called Vietnam’s Mediterranean Area, considered one of the jewel along Vietnam’s long stretching coast line. Nha Trang is sunny all year round, with an average temperature of 23°C due to northern winds. (November is rainy season) The rainfall is less than anywhere else in the country and the area is not threatened by storms since it is protected by the Truong Son Mountains and Ca Pass. From Ca Pass, one can see Ro Bay (Vung Ro), Hon Do Island
Hon Tre Island is 36km² and belongs to a group of islands located off the coast of Nha Trang. It takes one - two hours to reach Hon Tre Island by rowboat and only 20 minutes by ferry or speed boat.
Nha Trang benefits from topographical advantages of the sea, islands, mountains, and deltas. West of Nha Trang, there are endless mountain ranges where a wide variety of animals and birds live.
Nha Trang has many specialties. Especially, bird’s nest soup, or swallow’s nest soup is very famous in Nha Trang and round Vietnam. The magnificent coral seabed in Nha Trang makes it ideal for scubadiving and snorkeling.
Nha Trang Bay is recognised as one of 29 most beautiful bays in the world.
Various forms of convenient transports are available.
- Road: The National Highway 1A and the railway from north to south run through Khanh Hoa Province, linking it with the other provinces in the North and South. The National Highway 26 links Nha Trang to some provinces in the Central Highland. Nha Trang is 105km from Phan Rang, 190km from Buon Ma Thuot, 205km from Dalat, 238km from Quy Nhon, 441km from Ho Chi Minh City, and 1,278km from Hanoi. Getting from Saigon to Nha Trang one has many option. A 5 star train call Golden Train leaves at around 11 pm in Ho Chi Minh City (saigon) and arrivals at the Nha Trang train station the next morning at 6 am. You can also take the many tour bus that stop in Nha Trang. There are also local train that leaves multiple time during the day and night to Nha trang (just that they are less clean) and of course the Vietnam Airlines has multiply flights to Nha Trang.
- Airlines: Nha Trang Airport is 5km from the center of the city. A taxi takes about 30 to drive from the airport to town. Vietnam Airlines offers daily connections with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, and four connections a week with Danang. Cam Ranh Airport is 35km south of Nha Trang has flights from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang to there.
- Train:Regular connections between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City all stop in Nha Trang, daily train between Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang.
- Bus: There are connections with Danang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Vinh, Pleiku... Minibus for Hoi An, Hue, and Dalat...
- Water: Cam Ranh and Nha Trang ports connect Khanh Hoa with many regions in Vietnam as well as with abroad.
- Hotels are abundant in Nha Trang with 2 - 5 stars hotel being build each years. A list of available hotels can we found at www.nhatranglive.com .
Part or or all of this text stems from the original article at: http://www.nhatranglive.com