Bars and Cafes in Siem reapEdit This
Most bars and restaurants are located on or around Pub Street, in the center of town, near the Old Market. However, cheaper and less touristy drinking places can be found throughout the city.
Unlike Thailand, Cambodia doesn’t currently have any time restriction on selling alcohol. Bars in Siem Reap usually open late in the afternoon and close at about 4-6AM.
Be careful when ordering drinks in Cambodia, since beer is sometimes watered down. Always ask the waiter to open the bottle at your table.
Here is a selection of the most popular or interesting bars and lounges in Siem Reap:
- Angkor What? was the first bar to open in Pub Street in the late nineties. It offers cheap Cambodian beers as well as more expensive imports, food and cocktails.
- The Elephant Bar is an expensive but exquisite café located on the ground floor of the Raffles Grand Hotel. Cocktails and expensive wine are served here in a charming colonial setting. Definitely not recommended for budget travelers, but this is a great place to spend a couple of hours in if you can afford it.
- The Island Bar is one of the newest additions to the Siem Reap bar scene. It is located at the back of the Angkor Night Market and it has a nice selection of draft beers as well as cocktails and fusion food. Live music is also regularly played there.
- Le Tigre de Papier is a bar owned by a French expatriate. It is located in the middle of Pub Street and offers a nice choice of local or French drinks as well as quality European food. A second-hand bookshop is also available on the second floor.
- Linga Bar is one of the few gay-friendly bars in Siem Reap. Straight and gay party animals meet here every night to enjoy delicious cocktails or wine in a very modern setting. Definitely one of the most fun bars in Siem Reap.
- Temple Club, on Pub Street, is probably the most popular bar in Siem Reap. In addition to drinking cheap beer and listening to dance tunes mixed by a live DJ, you can also play pool or darts while munching on a wide selection of snacks. Most days of the week, and especially on the weekends, Temple Club closes at dawn.
April 03, 2010 change by nicolas18
photo by: Neil Chantler
When the pressure of temple tours or work is getting you down and you need somewhere to "chill-out" ... head for Empire Shisha Bar Lounge, located opposite Golden Temple Villa. Sink into the exotic comfort surrounded by vibrant colours, Persian decor and contemporary music.
|World66 rating:||[rate it]|
|address:||Artisan Angkor Street|
Nomad Shisha was the first shisha bar to open in Siem Reap and is the only "tent bar" of the country. It is located on Artisans d'Ankor street beside Lady Bug Guest House and offer an original selection of drinks and one of the best hookah of Asia.They also offer free cards and water.
|World66 rating:||[rate it]|
|address:||Artisans d'Angkor street, opposite Artisans d'Angkor, beside Lady bug Guest House|