Tomari Travel GuideEdit This The best resource for sights, hotels, restaurants, bars, what to do and see
Tomari is a small village located at the western point of Hokkaido. Tomari is a unique village that has a nuclear Powerstation in Hokkaido. So Tomari is known as the origin of energy in Hokkaido.
If you want to learn more about nuclear power, you should go to...
- Tomarin-kan, a public relations museum of a nuclear power plant
- Hokkaido Nuclear Energy Environmental Reserch Center
And Tomari is also famous for seafood. Tomari is a Southern part of the Shakotan Peninsula. It is surrounded by clear and clean sea, it raises plenty of life under the sea. If you like "Uni", seasoned sea-urchin eggs, you'll have gotten to be satisfied with its fresh and creamy taste.
If you want to taste delicious meals, you should go to...
- Heiansou Inn
- Restaurant Uminari
Anyway if you become interested in Tomari village, please come to Tomari now!
The access to Tomari from Sapporo
- Get on the express bus "Iwanai-go" at Sapporo Station Bus Terminal.
- Get off the bus at the final destination, Iwanai Terminal.
- Transfer to a local bus bound for "Sakazuki Onsengai", "Ohmori", "Kawashira", or "Shakotan Kamui-misaki".
- Get off the following stops.
- Kashiwagi, the nearest stop of "Hokkaido Nuclear Energy Environmental Reserch Center"
- Genshiryoku PR Center, the nearest stop of "Tomarin-kan"
- Horikappu, the nearest stop of "Heiansou Inn"
- Tomari Yakuba-mae, the nearest stop of "Restaurant Uminari"
August 12, 2009 change by kuwa