Day Trips in IranEdit This
Iran offers warm greetings and the opportunity to visit amazing cathedrals and palaces by visiting historical sites and area attractions. Iran day trips offer numerous exciting travel destinations.
A Visit to Kerman
In the central southern part of Iran in a flat plain, sits the beautiful town of Kerman.
- Ganjali Khan Complex: In this complex, you will find buildings and monuments constructed by Ganjali Khan, an ancient ruler. The area attraction consists of a square, public bath, school, a mosque, bazaar and more. It boasts spectacular tile works and paintings.
Shiraz Day Trips
Shiraz has the beautiful Eram Garden to relax and enjoy the day. Stop over to visit the amazing Narenjestan Palace and Nasiro-Molk Mosque.
Tehran Day Trips
Tehran is one of the largest metropolitan cities of the world. It rests on gorgeous mountain slopes and boasts a population of over 13 million people. Tehran is a great place to experience magnificent Iran day trips.
- National Museum of Iran: Here you will find amazing Iran sculptures and pottery with other many ancient collections. The over 70 year old museum has two buildings. The first one displays pre-Islamic objects with the oldest collection dating back over 600,000 years ago, and the second building hosts post-Islamic collections.
- Golestan Palace: The Golestan Palace is the oldest historic monument site in Tehran. Important Iran ceremonies are held at this palace. Its many royal buildings were once within the “mud-thatched walls” of Tehran’s Historic Arg (citadel). It represents approximately 400 years of construction and renovations. Each building describes its own history. It is located at Ark Square, Tehran. The museum is closed on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Pamenar Minaret: This charming landmark is a 13th century brick minaret (a tall slender tower attached to a mosque, which is a Muslim place of worship) designed with turquoise colored tiles.
- Hassan Abad Square: This is a beautiful 1300’s architectural building, which was once four buildings. One was demolished to make a bank and an underground metro replaces the central square.
- Baghe Melli Gate: In the central part of Tehran, you can visit the beautiful main gate of the government Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran.
- Mt. Damavand: Mt. Damavand, an extinct volcano, is the highest mountain in Iran. Because of its height and beauty, and that it is usually covered in snow, it attracts skiers and mountain climbers from all over the world.
Isfahan Day Trips
In Isfahan rests the breathtaking Vank Cathedral and Chehel-Sotoun, Hasht-Behesht and A’li Qapu Palaces. The Shiekh Lotfollah and Imam Mosques are places of worship not to be missed.
Yazd Day Trips
Because of Yazd’s desert surroundings, it offers many architectural buildings. It definitely should be one of the choices for Iran day trips. Yazd day trips could include the Zoroastrian Towers of Silence and the Fire Temple. Two beautiful mosques are Jameh and Mir-Chaklumaq Mosques.
March 12, 2010 change by ctanios
A variety of tours has been offered by www.JustPersia.net