Bona Bana Café
- Between the Red Cross and Nyumba ya Vijana. Inexpensive fish, beef, matoke, rice, ugali, TV.
ELCT Tea Room
- Next to the ELCT bookstore in town. Inexpensive meat, fish, rice, matoke, beans, mchicha. Breakfast includes eggs, chapati, cake, omelet, tea and juice.
- In the Immigration Office on the road to the port. Inexpensive fish, beef, rice, matoke, beans, sodas.
- Across from the Kahawa Guest House near the cathedral. Inexpensive fish, meat, rice and matoke, TV.
- Next to the Tourist Centre Bukoba (Kiroyera Tours) near the market. Serves traditional Tanzanian lunch.
- Near the NBC bank (and owned by NBC employees). Mshikaki, chicken, chips, drinks, TV, music.
- Near the market. Pizza (chicken, veg, meat), sausages and chips. Only open in the mornings.
- Located near the bus stand on the round about / they have Tilapia fish, matoke (bananas), Ugali, chips, Nyama choma, price inexpensive.
Regional Office Café
- Outside the Regional Office near the Lake Hotel, marked with Pepsi symbols. Inexpensive fish, beef, ugali and matoke. (Sodas available across the street.)
- Next to Cosmopolitan. Pilau, matoke, beans, sambusas, mchicha, fruit juice. Run by Zully and Morshid who both speak good English.
Soft rock café Bar
- Around the corner from the Red Cross. Chicken, mshikaki, chips, many drinks, TV.
- Near the Lake Hotel. Mshikaki, chips, chipsi mayai, beer and sodas. tennis, table tennis, snooker, darts.
- View of the lake, good variety of food and drink, TV, music, indoor restaurant and outdoor beer garden.
Spice Beach Hotel
- Literally on the beach, serves mshikaki, chicken, chips has an outdoor pool table and TV.
Walkgard Annex Hotel
(formerly Edan) - Near the Red Cross. Good variety of food, TV and pool table.
- on Balamaga hill above the lake. Great view and a swimming pool.
West End Annex Restaurant
- In Kashai. Meat and chicken, reasonably cheap.
West End Restaurant
- Near the bus stand. Good variety of food. TV, music.
Yaasila Top Hotels
- Next to Spice Beach Hotel also very near the beach with great variety of food. A nice location, with two pool tables, darts and television.