Top 5 Must Do's in Port elizabethEdit This
Port Elizabeth, South Africa is a little picturesque coastal city with loads of fun things to do, see, and explore. Here's a list of Top 5 Must Do's, in no particular order.
1. Whale watching is a seasonal activity available between June and December. Southern Right Whales can be seen along the coastline, but if you want to get a better view there are tours that go out by boat, and get you within a stones throw. Humpback whales can be seen in June and July, and in November and December. The Bryde's whale can be seen off the coast year round.
2. Humewood Gold Course is ranked as one of South Africa's top 10 golf courses in the country, and is one of the world's most difficult courses. With wide fairways, hard greens, thick bush, lots of animal life, and an amazing view of Algoa Bay, this course is a must do for any golf enthusiast.
3. Seaview Lion Park is a 30 minute drive from PE, and is a definite Must Do. You get the opportunity to see lions up close, spot a rare white lion, and even cuddle and play with a lion cub (additional price). However, be careful, these lions may be small, sweet, and look innocent, they are still lions after all!
4. The Boardwalk, operated by the same owners of Sun City, is the heart of Port Elizabeth. You can easily spend half or a whole day on the boardwalk, and it is fun for all ages. The attractions are plentiful, and include shopping, dining, movies, bars, pubs, a casino (fully equipped with slots, blackjack tables, and roulette), and the outdoor funfair. The Boardwalk is a fun evening activity when all the lights come on and reflect off the lake. Be sure to bring your camera!
5. Water sports are prevelant in Port Elizabeth. Nelson Mandela Bay offers just about any water sport you possible want to do or want to see. The city host many sporting events throughout the year in two of of its internationally recongnised stadiums, St. George's Park Cricket Oval and Telkom Park Football Stadium. The bay is named the "watersports capital of Africa" for its near perfect water conditions for diving, surfing, jet skiing, kite surfing, and paragliding. The pier at Hobie Beach, is a great spot to watch all of the above water sports take place on the bay. The Billabong Classic is hosted annually in PE and draws the world's top surfers for competition.